The crank is constructed of durable, lightweight, and stiff aluminum alloy, and is equipped with either a 42t or 40t chainring that provides the low gearing needed for tackling tough climbs, without sacrificing too much top end speed when you've got a long descent ahead with a tailwind at your back. The real strong point of a 1x drivetrain, however, is the simplicity and improved chain retention that we mentioned above. This is accomplished in part by specially engineered tooth profiles that ensures positive shifting without the risk of dropping your chain, even in muddy and dusty conditions.
- An Ultegra-level 1x crank that joins Shimano's gravel adventures
- Sturdy aluminum construction withstands off-road abuse
- Cold-forged crank arms have a high strength-to-weight ratio
- Specially designed chainrings offer precise and crisp shifting
- Tooth profile provides better chain retention over rough terrain
- 24mm spindle fits the bottom bracket shell of any modern frame
- 42t and 40t gearing works best when paired with wide range 11-40t or 11-42t Shimano cassettes