Grand Prix 5000 TL Tire
As Conti's first tubeless road tire to market, it uses tubeless technology specifically designed for the demands of road cycling and made sure to make it easy to install and reliable on the road. A key component to this is its careful attention to the tubeless bead that's specifically developed to seal with its unique shape and stable fit on the rim. The seal is complete with the usage of sealant which has the added benefit of plugging up most puncture induced flats you might come across on your ride.
This tubeless version continues to use Black Chili to balance the attributes it's after. The rubber compound is critical because it defines the tire's grip, rolling resistance, and longevity. The complex compound technology is so exclusive that Conti only manufactures tires using Black Chili compound in its Korbach, Germany plant. The tiny size of Black Chili particles allows them to mold to variable road surfaces more readily. It gives the tire greater ability to conform to imperfections in the road surface for excellent grip in demanding situations, such as high-speed cornering, while also reducing rolling resistance.
- Conti's first road tubeless tire
- Compound reduces rolling resistance and increases grip
- Active Comfort Technology lessens vibrations for a smooth ride
- Vectran breaker technology reduces puncture risk
- Lazer Grip etching improves cornering traction
- Conti's GP5000 TL sets a new standard in road tubeless dominance